Reindeer: An Animal Study
Engage your class in an exciting hands on science experience learning all about reindeer! Reindeer: An Animal Study is packed full of inviting science activities and perfect for science in Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, and Second Grade classrooms.
Students will learn about the difference between reindeer and white tail deer, animals that migrate and don’t migrate, parts of a reindeer and animal adaptations, and a science sort: “reindeer can, have, are” craftivity. When students are done they will complete a reindeer research science project. This science unit is great for homeschool, a winter craftivity, and to add to your science unit studies!
- Hands-on experience
- Life science
- Animal Science
- Differentiate between reindeer and white tail deer
- Migratory animals
- Animal adaptations
- Reindeer research project
- Great for unit studies
Here’s what teachers are saying about this product!
“Loved this! I have incorporated a Reindeer unit prior to Christmas break for many years. It complemented my Brett fiction titles, and non-fiction texts so well!”
“If I could give it A+ I would. My kids LOVED this and it was so easy for me to prep and teach.”
“My grade ones had fun with this unit. I taught it in December just before Christmas break.”
Buy our ENDLESS KINDERGARTEN SCIENCE BUNDLE. There are over 70 science topics covered. BUY NOW and SAVE.
Inside you will find:
- Science Lesson Plans for the week
- Definition Posters – 7 pages
- Reindeer and White Tail Deer Venn Diagram Anchor Chart Pieces – 2 pages
- Reindeer and White Tail Deer PowerPoint – 12 pages
- Reindeer and White Tail Deer Posters (exact same as PowerPoint above) – 12 pages
- Reindeer and White Tail Deer Writing and Venn Diagram Worksheet – 2 pages
- Reindeer PowerPoint – 15 pages
- Reindeer Posters (exact same as PowerPoint above) – 15 pages
- Life Cycle of a Reindeer - 12 pages
- Can, Have, Are Winter Craftivity –3 pages
- Migration Sort Posters - 3 pages
- Animals That Migrate and Do Not Migrate Sort (with real animal pictures) – 7 pages
- To Migrate or Not Worksheet – 1 page
- Parts of a Reindeer Poster – 1 page
- Parts of a Reindeer Worksheet – 2 pages
- Reindeer Fact Book (2 versions included) – 3 pages
- Reindeer Research Project Craftivity – 3 pages
Because this is a large resource, it will come to you as a .zip file. If you do not now how to access a zipped file, click here to find out.
Please note that this is a digital resource so you can start using this resource immediately. 🙂
HAVE A QUESTION OR CONCERN ABOUT THIS PRODUCT?
Please email me before leaving feedback and I will help you! You can contact me here. We're kinda big on customer service around here. We've got your back.
More from this collection
Happy with my purchase
Lots of great info on deer and reindeer. Excellent resource