Chickens: An Animal Study
Engage your class in an exciting hands-on experience learning all about chickens! Chickens: An Animal Study is perfect for science in Preschool, Pre-K, Kindergarten, First Grade, and Second Grade classrooms and packed full of inviting science activities.
Students will learn about the difference between chickens and ducks, oviparous and non-oviparous animals, parts of a chicken, and a chicken’s life cycle. When students are done they can complete a chicken research project. This pack is great for homeschoolers, kids craft activities, and to add to your unit studies!
- Hands-on Materials
- Lesson Plans Included
- Animal Science
- Life Science
- Differentiation between oviparous and non-oviparous animals
- Learn about a chicken’s life cycle
- Research Project
- Complete Animal Unit Study
What teachers are saying about this product:
“Love this too! Great resources especially the powerpoint!”
“We loved this resource while we wait for our eggs to hatch! You should have seen their writing after all of the rich vocabulary you provided!”
“Excellent resource for my kindergarten students. I am using this resource for summer school and my students are so excited to learn about chickens. Great power point and center worksheets.”
Buy our ENDLESS KINDERGARTEN SCIENCE BUNDLE. There are over 70 science topics covered. BUY NOW and SAVE.
Inside you will find:
- Science Lesson Plans for the week
- Definition Posters – 12 pages
- Chickens and Ducks Venn Diagram Anchor Chart Pieces – 2 pages
- Chickens and Ducks PowerPoint – 11 pages
- Chickens and Ducks Posters (exact same as PowerPoint above) – 11 pages
- Chickens and Ducks Writing and Venn Diagram – 2 pages
- Chickens PowerPoint – 16 pages
- Chickens Posters (exact same as PowerPoint above) – 16 pages
- Life Cycle of a Chicken – 12 pages
- Oviparous and Non-oviparous (with real animal pictures) – 7 pages
- Oviparous or Not Worksheet – 1 page
- Parts of a Chicken Poster – 1 page
- Parts of a Chicken Worksheet – 2 pages
- Chicken Fact Book (2 versions included) – 3 pages
- Chicken Research Project Craftivity – 3 pages
Because this is a large resource, it will come to you as a .zip file. If you do not now how to access a zipped file, click here to find out.
Please note that this is a digital resource so you can start using this resource immediately. 🙂
HAVE A QUESTION OR CONCERN ABOUT THIS PRODUCT?
Please email me before leaving feedback and I will help you! You can contact me here. We're kinda big on customer service around here. We've got your back.
More from this collection
Really love this study. The information and activities are so great and well planned. We used the iPad to show the different slides and it worked perfectly.