Reindeer: An Animal Study
Engage your class in an exciting hands on science experience learning all about reindeer! Reindeer: An Animal Study is packed full of inviting science activities and perfect for science in Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, and Second Grade classrooms.
Students will learn about the difference between reindeer and white tail deer, animals that migrate and don’t migrate, parts of a reindeer and animal adaptations, and a science sort: “reindeer can, have, are” craftivity. When students are done they will complete a reindeer research science project. This science unit is great for homeschool, a winter craftivity, and to add to your science unit studies!
- Hands-on experience
- Life science
- Animal Science
- Differentiate between reindeer and white tail deer
- Migratory animals
- Animal adaptations
- Reindeer research project
- Great for unit studies
Here’s what teachers are saying about this product!
“Loved this! I have incorporated a Reindeer unit prior to Christmas break for many years. It complemented my Brett fiction titles, and non-fiction texts so well!”
“If I could give it A+ I would. My kids LOVED this and it was so easy for me to prep and teach.”
“My grade ones had fun with this unit. I taught it in December just before Christmas break.”
Buy our ENDLESS KINDERGARTEN SCIENCE BUNDLE. There are over 70 science topics covered. BUY NOW and SAVE.
Inside you will find:
- Science Lesson Plans for the week
- Definition Posters – 7 pages
- Reindeer and White Tail Deer Venn Diagram Anchor Chart Pieces – 2 pages
- Reindeer and White Tail Deer PowerPoint – 12 pages
- Reindeer and White Tail Deer Posters (exact same as PowerPoint above) – 12 pages
- Reindeer and White Tail Deer Writing and Venn Diagram Worksheet – 2 pages
- Reindeer PowerPoint – 15 pages
- Reindeer Posters (exact same as PowerPoint above) – 15 pages
- Life Cycle of a Reindeer - 12 pages
- Can, Have, Are Winter Craftivity –3 pages
- Migration Sort Posters - 3 pages
- Animals That Migrate and Do Not Migrate Sort (with real animal pictures) – 7 pages
- To Migrate or Not Worksheet – 1 page
- Parts of a Reindeer Poster – 1 page
- Parts of a Reindeer Worksheet – 2 pages
- Reindeer Fact Book (2 versions included) – 3 pages
- Reindeer Research Project Craftivity – 3 pages
Because this is a large resource, it will come to you as a .zip file. If you do not now how to access a zipped file, click here to find out.
Please note that this is a digital resource so you can start using this resource immediately. 🙂
HAVE A QUESTION OR CONCERN ABOUT THIS PRODUCT?
Please email me before leaving feedback and I will help you! You can contact me here. We're kinda big on customer service around here. We've got your back.